9 September 2016 to 5 February 2017
Free entry (Scienceworks adult entry fee applies)
Explore the history of cycling in Australia in this travelling exhibition developed by the National Museum of Australia.
See the bikes on show in Freewheeling and read the stories of riders who have experienced the joy, excitement, freedom and even the glory of moving at speed under their own power.
Share your story
Share your first bike story as we reflect on how this simple, affordable machine has shaped our lives, and explore the possibilities it offers for the future.
The exhibition has been on show at:
- Queensland Museum, Brisbane (29 November 2014 to 8 June 2015)
- Museum of Tropical Queensland, Townsville (27 June to 5 October 2015)
- Gold Museum, Ballarat (31 October 2015 to 31 January 2016)
- Museum of the Riverina, Wagga Wagga, (12 February to 15 May 2016)
- Albury Library Museum, (28 May to 31 July 2016)