Free online learning resources
Australia’s Defining Moments Digital Classroom is the National Museum of Australia’s free online teaching resource for primary and secondary schools. At its heart is a timeline of defining moments in Australian history designed to spark the interest of young learners.
Produced with the generous support of Gandel Philanthropy, Australia’s Defining Moments Digital Classroom is a dedicated Australian Curriculum Humanities and Social Sciences resource. It aims to enliven the teaching and learning of History, Geography and Civics and Citizenship through a wide range of student-centred resources.
Australia’s Defining Moments Digital Classroom features:
- An engaging, interactive timeline of Australian history
- More than 120 Defining Moment stories with embedded questions, critical thinking activities and research tasks
- A virtual museum visit to the Museum's Landmarks: People and Places across Australia gallery
- Flexible, ready-to-use learning modules and activities that address key topics in the Australian Curriculum
- Learning resources written by practising classroom teachers
- Games and interactives that provide fun, engaging and challenging opportunities to learn
- Over 100 videos, including over 50 archival film clips from the National Film and Sound Archive
- Interactive and topic-themed quizzes
- A library of more than 1000 images, including historical photographs, artworks and maps.
Australia’s Defining Moments Digital Classroom follows the success of the Museum's Defining Moments in Australian History website and outreach project.
Proudly supported by: