Join Friends for member benefits including exclusive events and discounts in our Cafe and Shop.
- Get unlimited access to exhibitions
Upgrade to Exhibition member and enjoy unlimited access to paid exhibitions including:
- Feared and Revered: Feminine Power through the Ages until 27 Aug 23
Let's be Friends
Tailor your membership with individual or group options for a single or multiple years.
Entry to the Tim and Gina Fairfax Discovery Centre is free for adults and children with Friends memberships.
- 1 year membership – $50 per adult, $20 per additional adult or child
- 2 year membership – $90 per adult, $35 per additional adult or child
- 3 year membership – $125 per adult, $50 per additional adult or child
- Upgrade to Exhibition member – additional $50 per member, per year
- Join Car Club – additional $15 per member, per year
From exhibition previews to monthly get-togethers with our expert staff, our Friends enjoy exclusive benefits and events throughout the year, including:
- 10% discount at the Museum Shop and Cafe
- Discounted entry to Museum exhibitions and events
- Subscription to the Museum's magazine
- Exclusive tours, previews and programs
- Behind-the-scenes access to curators, conservators and other Museum staff
- Access to our lakeside Friends Lounge
Present your Friends card to receive free general admission and discounts at partner institutions. Terms and conditions apply – please contact institution for more information.
- Australian Museum, Sydney
- Australian National Maritime Museum, Sydney
- Queensland Museum, South Bank, Brisbane, including SparkLab plus:
- Workshops Rail Museum, Ipswich
- Museums Victoria, Melbourne:
- Melbourne Museum
- Immigration Museum
- South Australian Museum, Adelaide
Who needs to be on my membership?
Anyone who will be visiting the Museum. Children 0–16 years old need to be accompanied by an adult and should be included on your membership.
Do I need to pay for my child who is 6 months old?
Children under the age of 1 are free, however they need to be included on your membership to enjoy access to the Tim and Gina Fairfax Discovery Centre.
Are there benefits for children?
Children from birth to 6 years enjoy free entry to the Tim and Gina Fairfax Discovery Centre. Children must be listed on your membership enjoy events and programs for their age group.
What benefits do I get when upgrading to Exhibition member?
Exhibition members enjoy unlimited access to paid exhibitions. Any children listed on an Exhibition membership also receive free entry to paid exhibitions.
What benefits do I get when joining Car Club?
Car Club members enjoy exclusive access to annual events for members including a behind the scenes tour at our conservation site in Mitchell. Our collection of historic cars and vehicles.
Is free parking included in my membership?
On weekends and public holidays and always for limited mobility spaces and motorbikes. Parking is monitored weekdays by the National Capital Authority. We encourage visitors check the short-stay and long-stay signs and to contact the NCA for more details or if you receive a fine.
How do I check my membership status?
To check your membership status log in to your account online. You may also contact the Friends team on 6208 5108 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I add people to my membership midway through my membership?
We recommend including additional members at the time of your membership renewal however if you wish to add people to your current membership, please contact the Friends team on 6208 5108 or email email@example.com
- Friends membership is valid until the expiry date printed on your membership card
- Membership is not transferable or refundable
- Memberships are capped at 10 members
- Free entry to the Discovery Centre applies only to the children listed on your membership
- Upgrades to Exhibition member and Car Club member are per member, per year
- Member benefits apply only to the people listed on your membership
- Child members are 0–16 years of age. Children under the age of 1 year old are free.
- You must produce your membership card to obtain the benefit
- Member prices, events, benefits, reciprocal arrangements and terms are subject to change at the Museum’s discretion
- It is your responsibility to notify the Museum of any change of address or contact information
- If your card is lost or stolen, please notify us as soon as possible to organise a replacement card
- The Museum has no control over the reciprocal benefits offered by other museums and galleries, or special offers made by our external partners. The Museum is not responsible for any changes to benefits or offers made by those organisations.
Discover Friends from our past and build new Friendships at the National Museum of Australia.
Where to find us
Lawson Cres, Acton Peninsula
Canberra ACT 2601
Phone +61 2 6208 5021
You may also like