Celebrate the eight extraordinary state and territory recipients of the 2021 Australian of the Year Awards, including national winner Grace Tame. Learn about their lives, aspirations and experiences through objects of personal significance.
The 2021 Australian of the Year exhibition is on show at:
- Queen Victoria Museum at Inveresk, Launceston, 7 October to 28 November 2021
Explore the objects
The National Museum uses objects to tell stories, to connect with others and make us think. We asked the Australian of the Year recipients to choose an object of personal significance to go display. Each object tells us something about their lives, aspirations and experiences.
If you are interested in hosting the exhibition, please email email@example.com
The 2021 Australian of the Year exhibition was developed by the National Museum of Australia in collaboration with the National Australia Day Council. Portrait images supplied by the National Australia Day Council.
The National Australia Day Council would like to thank the following sponsors for their continued support of the Australian of the Year Awards program:
This exhibition was also on show at:
- Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery, Hobart, 13 August to 26 September 2021
- State Library of Western Australia, Perth, 5 June to 25 July 2021
- Albany Public Library, Western Australia, 9 April to 28 May 2021
- National Museum of Australia, Canberra, 16 December 2020 to 10 February 2021