Share the stories of ancient Greece
The Ancient Greeks Ambassadors Program provides an opportunity to be involved with this once-in-a-lifetime exhibition. Together, Ancient Greek Ambassadors and the National Museum will share with all Australians the wonder of Greek culture; where civilisation began.
Ancient Greeks: Athletes, Warriors and Heroes from the British Museum, on display in Canberra from 17 December 2021 to 1 May 2022, highlights the reach and influence of ancient Greece and explores how the civilisation’s quest for excellence still resonates in the modern world.
This captivating exhibition will bring to Australian audiences 178 objects from the Ancient Greek world that date as far back as the 8th century BCE, including sculpture, armour, jewellery and pottery. Many of these masterpieces have not previously been on display or travelled internationally.
Donations and donor recognition
Your donation will help us:
- Create education, programs, outreach and events to share the stories of this exhibition with the broadest possible audience.
- Promote the exhibition to a national audience with a focus on the Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, Queensland and Victoria.
Donors can choose from 6 donation tiers:
Achilles $1,000 donors will be acknowledged:
- in The Museum magazine 2022 Ancient Greeks edition
- in the Museum's annual report
- in the Museum Highlights 2021 publication
- on the Museum's website
Apollo $5,000 donors will be acknowledged as above plus:
- on the big screen in the Gandel Atrium for the official exhibition opening
- in the Director’s speech during the official opening
Artemis $10,000 donors will be acknowledged as above plus:
- at the Ancient Greeks exhibition entrance
- on the permanent donor wall at the Museum's entrance
- in the Chair of Council’s speech at the VIP dinner after the exhibition launch
Athena $20,000 donors will be acknowledged as above plus:
- on the big screen in the Gandel Atrium for the duration of the exhibition
- on the screen outside the membership lounge for the duration of the exhibition (played daily on high-rotation)
Aphrodite $50,000 donors will be acknowledged as above plus:
- In the Director’s speech at the Aphrodite dinner
- In the Aphrodite dinner booklet
Zeus $100,000+ donors. The Museum will work with our Zeus Ambassadors to create a bespoke acknowledgement program.
We thank and acknowledge our donors to the Ancient Greeks Ambassadors Program, including those who would like to remain anonymous.
Achilles: Sue and Steve Dyer
Subscribe to our enews for more on the Museum’s exhibitions and events.