A Portrait of Australia: Stories through the lens of Australian Geographic exhibition celebrates the bush, the outback, the coast and the people who live there.
The exhibition features photographs from the Australian Geographic archive selected and curated by each touring venue. Wherever you choose to see the exhibition, it will transport you to some of the most rugged and remote parts of the country where you will discover the remarkable stories of ordinary Australians.
On show at:
- Warwick Art Gallery, Queensland, 9 January to 29 February 2020
- Bribie Island Seaside Museum, Bongaree, Queensland, 28 February to 24 May 2020
- Redland Art Gallery, Capalaba, Queensland, 23 May to 11 July 2020
- Orange Regional Museum, New South Wales, 21 October to 22 November 2020
- SEEN@Swansea, Lake Macquarie, New South Wales, 5 June to 2 August 2021
Australian Geographic is the country’s leading geographical magazine. For more than 33 years it has been reporting on Australia’s natural landscapes, its wildlife and most significantly, its people, especially those who live beyond the big cities. Through its charity, The Australian Geographic Society, it has promoted a spirit of adventure and a sense of responsibility for nature and the environment.
A travelling exhibition from the National Museum of Australia developed in collaboration with Australian Geographic and supported by Coral Expeditions.
This exhibition has been on show at:
- Cobb+Co Museum, Toowoomba, Queensland, 15 August to 24 November 2019