Until 8 March 2021 | Studio Gallery, National Museum of Australia | Free
A Portrait of Australia: Stories through the lens of Australian Geographic exhibition celebrates the bush, the outback, the coast and the people who live there.
The exhibition features photographs from the Australian Geographic archive selected and curated by the National Museum of Australia. This stunning display of large format photographic prints will transport you to some of the most rugged and remote parts of the country where you will discover the remarkable stories of ordinary Australians.
This exhibition is also on show at:
Australian Geographic is the country’s leading geographical magazine. For more than 33 years it has been reporting on Australia’s natural landscapes, its wildlife and most significantly, its people, especially those who live beyond the big cities. Through its charity, The Australian Geographic Society, it has promoted a spirit of adventure and a sense of responsibility for nature and the environment.
A touring exhibition from the National Museum of Australia developed in collaboration with Australian Geographic. The exhibition features photographs from the Australian Geographic archive selected and curated by each touring venue.
This exhibition has been on show at:
- Pine Rivers Heritage Museum, Whiteside, Queensland, 16 October 2020 to 14 February 2021
- Orange Regional Museum, New South Wales, 21 October to 22 November 2020
- Waltzing Matilda Centre, Winton, Queensland, 15 June to 9 September 2020
- Manjimup Art Gallery, Western Australia, 24 July to 22 August 2020
- Bribie Island Seaside Museum, Bongaree, Queensland, 28 February to 26 July 2020
- Redland Art Gallery, Capalaba, Queensland, 23 May to 11 July 2020
- Warwick Art Gallery, Queensland, 9 January to 29 February 2020
- Cobb+Co Museum, Toowoomba, Queensland, 15 August to 24 November 2019