A Portrait of Australia: Stories through the lens of Australian Geographic exhibition celebrates the bush, the outback, the coast and the people who live there.
Discover the remarkable stories of ordinary Australians through stunning large format photographs from the Australian Geographic archive, selected and curated by the National Museum of Australia.
A Portrait of Australia: Stories through the lens of Australian Geographic exhibition is on show at:
- Griffith Regional Art Gallery, Griffith, New South Wales, 22 September to 7 November 2021
- Royal Australian Mint, Canberra, 23 November 2021 to 21 February 2022
Dates may change due to Covid-19. Check your local venue for details.
Australian Geographic is the country’s leading geographical magazine. For more than 33 years it has been reporting on Australia’s natural landscapes, its wildlife and most significantly, its people, especially those who live beyond the big cities. Through its charity, The Australian Geographic Society, it has promoted a spirit of adventure and a sense of responsibility for nature and the environment.
This exhibition has also been on show at:
- SEEN@Swansea, Lake Macquarie, New South Wales, 5 June to 2 August 2021
- Lavington Library, New South Wales, 19 December 2020 to 1 May 2021
- The World Theatre, Charters Towers, Queensland, 5 February to 30 March 2021
- National Museum of Australia, Canberra, 3 December 2020 to 8 March 2021
- Pine Rivers Heritage Museum, Whiteside, Queensland, 16 October 2020 to 14 February 2021
- Orange Regional Museum, New South Wales, 21 October to 22 November 2020
- Waltzing Matilda Centre, Winton, Queensland, 15 June to 9 September 2020
- Manjimup Art Gallery, Western Australia, 24 July to 22 August 2020
- Bribie Island Seaside Museum, Bongaree, Queensland, 28 February to 26 July 2020
- Redland Art Gallery, Capalaba, Queensland, 23 May to 11 July 2020
- Warwick Art Gallery, Queensland, 9 January to 29 February 2020
- Cobb+Co Museum, Toowoomba, Queensland, 15 August to 24 November 2019