Join Museum Friends
Love the National Museum? Join Museum Friends and show your support for our collection and exhibitions. Museum membership starts from $45.
To join Museum Friends please create an account. To renew membership or update your details just login to your account.
Exclusive offers for Rome: City and Empire exhibition
- One free ticket per membership
- The opportunity to attend exclusive Rome previews with Museum curators
- A discounted ticket price of $16
- A season-pass ticket option (available from 14 September)
- Fast-pass entry to the exhibition
Relax in our Friends Lounge
Free wi-fi and refreshments in our lakeside lounge
Shop and Cafe discounts
10% discounts at the Museum Shop and the Museum Cafe
Enjoy exclusive events
Including behind-the-scenes tours, and new exhibition previews and exclusive events
Family fun with Mkids
Discounted entry to exhibitions and holiday activities for kids on your membership
Join the conversation
The Museum magazine subscription and monthly Friends email updates
Build your own membership group
Individual and group
Take advantage of all of our member benefits and include up to nine people as you build your own membership group.
Cost: $45 for individual membership
You can then add:
- $15 per additional adult
- $5 per additional child (3–16 years only)
- free for under-3s
Note: memberships are paid annually.
Mkids – for children 3 to 12
Exclusively for children in membership groups with free entry to exhibitions and discounted school holiday activities.
Are you searching for a unique gift for a special occasion? Share our passion for history and heritage with an individual or group gift membership.
To purchase please phone 6208 5108 (business hours) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Discounted entry to major exhibitions
- Exclusive previews and behind-the-scenes tours of major exhibitions
- 10% discount at the Museum Shop and the Museum Cafe
- Exclusive Friends-only events
- Mkids 3 to 12 years free or discounted entry to exhibitions and school holiday activities
- Subscription to The Museum magazine (one magazine per membership)
- Access to the Friends lakeside lounge
- Regular Friends updates and special offers
Terms and conditions
- Friends membership is valid until the expiry date printed on your membership card
- Membership is not transferable or refundable
- Member benefits apply only to the people listed on your membership
- You must produce your membership card to obtain the benefit
- Member prices, events, benefits, reciprocal arrangements and terms are subject to change at the Museum’s discretion
- It is your responsibility to notify the National Museum of any change of address or contact information
- If your card is lost or stolen, please notify us as soon as possible to organise a replacement card
- The Museum has no control over the reciprocal benefits offered by other museums and galleries, or special offers made by our external partners. The Museum is not responsible for any changes to benefits or offers made by those organisations.
We take your privacy very seriously. Read our full privacy statement
Membership enquiries: weekdays
Phone +61 2 6208 5108
Phone +61 2 6208 5021
Subscribe to our eNews for more on the Museum's exhibitions and events