Make your favourite object out of LEGO, inspired by the amazing creations in the Towers of Tomorrow with LEGO® Bricks exhibition, previously on show at the Museum in 2017.
Did you know ...
The word ‘Lego’ comes from the Danish phrase ‘leg godt’, meaning ‘play well’.
How to make a LEGO bird
Skill level: ★★ Moderate – you may need an adult to help
Time: 10–60 minutes, depending on what you make. We made a LEGO rosella inspired by a crimson rosella specimen from the Museum’s education handling collection. It took about 30 minutes.
What you need:
- LEGO! We used 41 blocks for this creation
- Decide what type of bird you want to make. You can use your imagination, look at pictures, or copy our rosella.
- Gather and lay out your LEGO pieces.
- Sort the pieces into colours and sizes.
- Put the blocks together to give your 2D bird shape and colour.
Stand back and admire your creation! What else can you make out of LEGO? Take a look at the Museum’s Collection Explorer to find other interesting objects to model, including the pink caravan below.