The National Museum of Australia welcomes applications from candidates interested in non-ongoing (temporary) employment opportunities.
These positions are short term, up to 18 months and may be filled on a full-time, part-time or casual basis, depending on business requirements.
Your details will remain on our register for a calendar year and it is your responsibility to have your details updated with the Museum.
Register closes each December. Preferred titling of attachments is ‘Name — Cover letter’ and ‘Name — Resume’
Email email@example.com or phone 02 6208 5094 weekdays if you have any questions or need help with the application process.
Temporary employment registers
There are three temporary employment registers.
Exhibitions and Curatorial which includes:
- Community programs and engagement
- Collections development and information
- Curatorial and research
- Exhibitions planning and development
- Gallery management and development
General Administration which includes:
- Commercial and tourism
- Communications and marketing
- Digital content development and production
- Facilities and property operations
- Graphic design
- Human resources
- Information technology
- Project management
- Public programs and event management
- Publishing and editing
- Retail and sales
- Visitor services hosts
Registration and Conservation which includes: