Saturday 1 February 2020, 7–9pm | $100 VIP meet and greet, $55 adult, $45 concession, $40 Museum Friends, $130 family, $20 child (under 16 years) | Bookings essential (fees apply) | Amphitheatre
Experience one of the most revered artists of the new millennium, Dami Im, at our By The Water concert 2020.
Enjoy great music and spectacular lakeside views as the sun sets over the city. Make your night extra special with a VIP meet and greet ticket or by pre-ordering a picnic pack.
Dami is Eurovision royalty since 'Sound of silence' achieved Australia's highest score. She first rose to fame winning The X Factor and has since released four studio albums. Country chart-topper Caitlyn Shadbolt is supporting Dami.
VIP meet and greet
Want to experience life as a VIP? Secure your picnic spot before doors open and join Dami at a meet and greet before the concert, from 5.30–6.30pm. Places are limited so get in fast.
- early entry to By the Water with Dami Im
- light refreshments including drinks from Lerida Wines
- signing opportunity (merchandise not provided)
- photo with Dami
- Q&A with Dami
Pre-order a picnic pack
Plan ahead and beat the queues on the night with a pre-purchased picnic pack from Broadbean Catering. These menu items will not be available to buy on the night.
Picnics must be ordered at least 48 hours before the event. Select your picnic pack as an additional item at the Eventbrite checkout.
- Antipasto Platter $40 for two-plus
- Gippsland and South Coast cheeses
- house-made baba ghanoush
- Turkish carrot yoghurt dip
- marinated olives
- house-made sesame lavash
- pide bread
- additional servings $20 each
- Classic Family Picnic $70 for groups of four and more
- assorted gourmet ribbon sandwiches
- individual roast pumpkin and goat cheese quiches
- fresh seasonal fruit skewers
- mini house-made chocolate brownie
- additional servings $17.50 each
- Cake by the Lake $32 for two (or one person who doesn’t like to share!)
- mini house-made chocolate brownies
- mixed berry cheesecakes
- fresh seasonal fruit skewers
- additional servings $16 each
Pre-purchased picnics can be collected from the bar on the night. All packs come with biodegradable cutlery and packaging. If you have specific dietary requirements please email email@example.com prior to purchase.
Frequently asked questions
Doors open at 6pm for a 7pm start.
Yes, unless we have sold out.
No, in fact there are no seats! We suggest that you bring a picnic blanket to sit on.
Yes. You can bring camp chairs or picnic chairs to sit on, there will be a designated area for chairs clearly marked out. However we request that no umbrellas or shade structures be erected.
This outdoor concert will go ahead no matter what the sky throws at us! If the forecast looks dire, pack a poncho or a raincoat. In the case of extreme weather we will relocate to the Gandel Atrium.
Food will be available for purchase from our fabulous local food vans. A selection of beer, cider, wine and non-alcoholic drinks will be available at a cash bar.
The National Museum of Australia is located on Acton Peninsula on Lake Burley Griffin in Canberra, just a short drive south-west of the city centre. Access is via Lawson Crescent, Acton.
Stretch your legs and enjoy a walk to the National Museum from the city on the bicycle/walking paths along the north-western shore of Lake Burley Griffin.