In 2021 the museum celebrates its 20th birthday. To acknowledge the anniversary, we are launching a fundraising campaign to support three appeals, which will reach across the country and unite us through music, education and travelling exhibitions. We invite you to join us in celebrating everything that brings us together.
There are many ways to donate to the National Museum — as an individual, a family foundation, a corporation, or philanthropic fund.
The 20th Birthday Campaign
The power of donations
Over the past year the generosity of our passionate donor community has helped us to:
- take Australian exhibitions and their stories across the globe
- bring key international exhibitions to Australia for audiences to experience and enjoy
- create interactive digital education programs for classrooms across the country
- conserve and display objects from our extensive collections
- provide cultural education opportunities to regional and remote communities
- revitalise our galleries, building a museum for the 21st century in the nation’s capital.
In recognition of your support we will acknowledge you on our website, in our Annual Report and The Museum magazine. All donations over $2 are tax deductible.
GIVE TO OUR CURRENT APPEALS
Your name, a family name or that of a loved one can be etched into a bluestone paver in our People’s Walk.
Help support the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural leaders of the future.
We welcome all donations and Museum donors are recognised in perpetuity at various levels.
Interested in donating an object? The Museum collects objects that are linked to key moments, people and places in Australia’s history