The Road to Rome — win a Roman holiday!
The National Museum of Australia and Accor Hotels are offering you the chance to win a trip for two to Rome, valued at $5500. The prize includes:
- Return economy flights to Rome, Italy, from Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth
- Five nights’ accommodation in the heart of the eternal city in a superior double room at the Mercure Colosseum Central
- Return transfers to and from Rome’s Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino Airport
- A comprehensive tour of the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill with an expert guide.
To enter, complete the exit survey after you visit the exhibition, using the tablets in the Exhibition Shop and subscribe to our eNews
Competition entry is open only to Australian residents aged 18 years or over. Authorised under ACT TP 18/0175, NSW Permit No. LTPS/18/27711, SA Licence No: T18/1569
Competition terms and conditions
Entry opens 09:00 (AEST) Friday 21 September 2018 and closes 20:00 (AEDST) 3 February 2019
THE ROAD TO ROME — WIN A ROMAN HOLIDAY (‘the Competition’)
1. Information on how to enter & prizes forms part of these terms and conditions. Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions and any entry not complying with these terms and conditions is invalid.
2. The Promoter is the National Museum of Australia, ABN 70 592 297 967, Lawson Crescent, Acton Peninsula, Canberra ACT 2601, Phone: 1800 026 132, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. The Competition commences at 09:00 (AEST) Friday 21 September 2018 and closes 20:00 (AEDST) Sunday 3 February 2019 (‘the Competition Period’).
4. Entry to the Competition is open only to Australian residents aged 18 years or over who have visited the National Museum of Australia’s exhibition Rome: City and Empire’from the British Museum (‘the Exhibition‘) on show from 21 September 2018 to 3 February 2019. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, AccorHotels Group, and Trade Promotion and Lotteries (TPAL) Pty Ltd, and their related agencies and suppliers associated with this Competition are ineligible to enter.
5. To enter the Competition, eligible participants must, during the Competition Period:
a) Visit the exhibition whilst on show at the National Museum
b) Complete an exit survey on the terminals located in the exhibition shop, including providing their contact details; and
c) Agree to receive future information about the National Museum of Australia via its electronic email news subscription service.
6. Entrants can only enter in their own name and using their own email address. Only one (1) entry per person is permitted. Any entrant who enters more than once will be disqualified. Duplicate entries will be deemed invalid and removed prior to the prize draw.
7. Where incorrect or incomplete personal or contact details are entered into the survey form, or the survey has not been fully completed, the Competition entry may be deemed invalid. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry that is not submitted in accordance with these conditions of entry. The Promoter may also disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Competition Terms and Conditions or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Competition which is fraudulent, unfair, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Competition and/or the Promoter.
8. The Promoter, AccorHotels Group, and Trade Promotions and Lotteries (TPAL) Pty Ltd, and their related agencies and suppliers assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
9. All valid entries received will be provided to a third party electronic random draw operator, Trade Promotions and Lotteries (TPAL) Pty Ltd, who is authorised to draw trade competition lotteries electronically in Australia (in SA subject to and in accordance with the Lottery and Gaming Regulations 2008, Regulations 30(fa) and 31(h). Approval Number 1224). TPAL Pty Ltd can be contacted at 24/88 Pitt Street, Sydney NSW 2000 or via http://www.tpal.com.au.
10. Prize details:
The first eligible entry drawn will win one (1) prize comprising:
a. Return economy flights including airline taxes for two adults, departing from Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth to Rome, on an airline chosen by the Promoter;
b. Five nights’ accommodation for two people in a superior double room at the Mercure Colosseum Central, Rome;
c. Hotel transfers to and from Leonardo di Vinci–Fiumicino Airport with a supplier chosen by the Promoter; and
d. A Colosseum and Ancient Rome private tour with a supplier chosen by the Promoter.
11. The total prize is valued up to $5500. Total prize value is GST inclusive and in Australian dollars and is the retail value as provided by the suppliers prior to the commencement of the Competition Period. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. The prize cannot be exchanged and is not redeemable for cash. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts or special offers. In the event that a winner does not take an element of the prize or redeem the prize in full at the time stipulated by the Promoter then the winner will forfeit that element of the prize and cash will not be awarded in lieu.
12. The draw will take place on Wednesday 6 February 2019 at 14:00 (AEDST) at Level 2, 11 York Street, Sydney NSW 2000. One winner and a reserve winner will be drawn at random from the valid entries received. The Promoter will notify the winner by phone and email with information on how to claim the prize within five days of the draw date and the winner’s name will be published on the Promoter’s website and in The Australian newspaper on Tuesday 12 February 2019.
13. At the Promoter’s discretion, the prize may be transferred to another named individual at the winner’s request, provided written notice is received by the relevant date as specified in clause 14 of these Terms and Conditions. Transfer is conditional upon the recipient and their companion satisfying the Promoter requirements as specified in these terms and conditions.
14. In the event the winner does not claim or transfer the prize by Wednesday 6 March 2019 then they will forfeit the prize. The reserve winner will be notified by phone and email with information on how to claim the prize on Friday 8 March 2019 and their name will be published on the Promoter’s website and in The Australian newspaper on Tuesday 12 March 2019. If the reserve winner does not claim or transfer the prize by Wednesday 28 March 2019, then they will forfeit the prize and a redraw will not take place.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to request the winner to provide proof of age, identity, residency and/or Competition entry validity. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to validate and check the authenticity of any prize claim or entry before awarding the prize.
16. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner and their companion must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. The winner is responsible for all expenses not specified in the prize including but not limited to transport to and from the departing airport, spending money, meals that are not specified, drinks, transfers, laundry charges, activities, incidentals, government taxes, airport charges, energy surcharges, insurance surcharges, gratuities, services charges, freight, excess baggage, passports, visas, travel insurance, accommodation, ground transportation, all other ancillary costs, and any other costs of a personal nature not stated. Travel insurance is strongly recommended and is at the responsibility of the winner. The winner is responsible for their entry, and the entry of their travel companion, into the applicable country, including obtaining (at the winner’s expense) any necessary passports and visas.
17. By entering this Competition, and by collecting the prize, the winner acknowledges and accepts that travel and any other activities comprising the prize are inherently dangerous and may result in injury, death, incapacity, damage to property or other losses. The Promoter and prize suppliers, their related bodies corporate, affiliates, officers, agents and employees shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
18. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. International travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including government, local consular offices and the website of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
19. The following conditions apply to the prize:
a. Air travel shall be on airline identified by the Promoter and all travel on flights on the chosen airline is subject to General Conditions of Carriage (as amended, supplemented, modified or replaced from time to time);
b. Travel dates are subject to availability at the time of booking and block-out periods may apply;
c. The winner and their companion must only depart from Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth. Tickets are not transferable once booked;
d. The tickets are not eligible for frequent flyer points and cannot be upgraded;
e. Tickets are valid for three (3) months from date of departure and cannot be extended;
f. Tickets must be issued before 30 June 2019 and travel taken by 31 December 2019.
g. Accommodation must be used by 31 December 2019 and is subject to availability at the time of booking. Block-out periods may apply.
h. Tour is subject to availability.
i. Tour must be booked before 30 June 2019 and taken by 31 December 2019.
20. The Promoter's decision in relation to any aspect of the Competition is final and binding on every person who enters and no correspondence about the decision will be entered into.
Privacy collection notice
23. If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical or supplier difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, to the extent permitted by law, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition.
24. Authorised under ACT TP18/01715, NSW Permit Number LTPS/18/27711, SA Licence No: T18/1569
Congratulations to C. Hall, 2478, NSW, winner of the 'Win a trip to Canberra competition. Thanks to everyone who entered.