Happy Birthday Play School: Celebrating 50 Years marks a milestone birthday for this iconic ABC children's television program. Find Big Ted, Little Ted, Humpty, Jemima and the Rocket Clock. Look through the Round, Square and Arched windows as we bring our childhood stories alive.
On show at:
- National Wool Museum, Geelong, Victoria, 28 June to 7 October 2019
- South Australian Maritime Museum, Port Adelaide, South Australia, 6 December 2019 to 29 March 2020
- Museum of the Goldfields, Kalgoorlie, Western Australia, 11 April to 9 August 2020
- Museum of Geraldton, Western Australia, 22 August to 29 November 2020
- Museum of the Great Southern, Albany, Western Australia, 19 December 2020 to 21 March 2021
Happy Birthday Play School is a travelling exhibition developed by the National Museum of Australia and the ABC.
The exhibition has been on show at:
- National Museum of Australia, Canberra, 7 May to 24 July 2016
- Gold Coast City Gallery, Queensland, 3 December 2016 to 5 February 2017
- Cobb+Co Museum, Toowoomba, Queensland, 25 March to 15 October 2017
- Rockhampton Art Gallery, Queensland, 4 November 2017 to 28 January 2018
- Tamworth Regional Gallery, New South Wales, 10 February to 15 April 2018
- Mildura Arts Centre, Victoria, 26 May to 22 July 2018
- Bundaberg Regional Art Gallery, Queensland, 11 August to 7 October 2018
This exhibition is supported by the National Collecting Institutions Touring and Outreach Program, an Australian Government program aiming to improve access to the national collections for all Australians.