This exhibition paid tribute to the eight extraordinary state and territory recipients of the 2019 Australian of the Year Awards, including national winners Richard Harris and Craig Challen.
The exhibition featured personal objects chosen by the finalists for their significance and ability to communicate something special about their lives and experiences.
Explore the objects
The National Museum uses objects to tell stories, to connect with others and make us think. We asked the Australian of the Year recipients from each state and territory to choose an object of personal significance to go display. Each object tells us something about their lives, aspirations and experiences.
This exhibition has been on show at:
- National Museum of Australia, Canberra, 13 December 2018 to 17 February 2019
- Shellharbour City Museum, New South Wales, 10 April to 27 May 2019
- Cobb+Co Museum, Toowoomba, Queensland, 4 July to 14 August 2019
- Casuarina Library, Darwin, Northern Territory, 21 August to 15 September 2019
- Godinymayin Yijard Rivers Arts & Culture Centre, Katherine, Northern Territory, 20 September to 26 October 2019