Skip to content
  • Open today 9am–5pm
  • Free general admission
A cylindrical wooden club, with a bulbous head ending in a point. - click to view larger image
Jimmy Clements's nulla (club)

On 9 May 1927 Parliament House was officially opened in Canberra. Two Wiradjuri elders were present: Jimmy Clements, also known as ‘King Billy’, or Nangar, and John Noble, also known as ‘Marvellous’.

Clements walked about 120 kilometres from Brungle mission near Tumut to attend. His presence was reported as demonstrating ‘his sovereign rights to the Federal Territory’.

Return to Top