Competition Terms and Conditions
WIN THE ULTIMATE ARNHEM LAND ADVENTURE
1. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of these terms and conditions. Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions and any entry not complying with these terms and conditions is invalid.
2. The Promoter is the National Museum of Australia, ABN 70 592 297 967, Lawson Crescent, Acton Peninsula, Canberra ACT 2601, Phone: 1800 026 132, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. The Competition commences at 08:00 (AEDST) Wednesday 4 December 2013 and closes18:00 (AEDST) Monday 31 March 2014 ("the Competition Period").
4. Entry to the Competition is free (excluding internet, mobile device charges or similar) and is only open to Australian residents who are 18 years or over. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, Lords Safaris and AndMine Pty Ltd, and their related agencies and suppliers associated with this competition are ineligible to enter.
5. To enter the Competition, eligible participants must be an existing subscriber or register as a subscriber to the National Museum of Australia's e-news subscription database by 18:00 AEDST Monday 31 March 2014 via www.nma.gov.au/whats-on/e-news. Existing subscribers can enter by updating their details online and must agree to the terms and conditions by ticking the specified box. Newly registered subscribers must complete the online competition form and agree to receive communication from the Promoter. Entrants must be an active subscriber at the time of the Competition draw.
6. Where incorrect or incomplete personal or contact details are entered into the online subscription form, the Competition entry will be deemed invalid.
7. Entrants can only enter in their own name and use their own email address. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of age, identity, proof of residency and /or proof of entry validity. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to validate and check the authenticity of any prize claim or entry before awarding the prize.
8. Prize details:
The first eligible entry drawn will win 'The ultimate Arnhem Land adventure' – Five nights and six days in the Northern Territory for 2 adults.
The prize includes: Return economy flights including airline taxes for two adults from the winner's nearest Australian capital city to Darwin, arriving 8 May 2014 and departing Tuesday 13 May 2014, 2 nights twin share accommodation in Darwin, a four day trip through Arnhem Land and Kakadu National Park with Lords Safaris http://www.lords-safaris.com, ("Tour Operator") which includes;
- Accommodation collection and drop-off by the Tour Operator in Darwin
- Luxury Toyota Air Conditioned GXL for 4 days with Sab Lord
- Jumping Crocodile Cruise
- Bark Hut Lunch
- Yellow Water Cruise
- 2 Nights Camping: (Kakadu National Park)
- Aboriginal guides at Injalak Hill
- Royalties & permits to enter Aboriginal land
- 1 Night accommodation at Bamurru Plains
- Airboat trip
- Meals where specified in the itinerary.
The full itinerary and inclusions are available from http://www.nma.gov.au
9. The total prize is valued up to $14,000. Total prize value is GST inclusive and in Australian dollars and is at the retail value as provided by the suppliers and is correct at time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. The prize is not redeemable for cash.
10. The prize does not include travel insurance, hotel transfer to and from Darwin airport or the departing airport, meals that are not specified in Tour Operator itinerary, or any other costs of a personal nature not stated. Prize travel is subject to the General Conditions of Carriage of the applicable airline. Travel insurance is strongly recommended and at the responsibility of the winner.
11. The winner must be available to travel on the dates specified, arriving in Darwin on Thursday 8 May 2014 and departing Darwin Tuesday 13 May 2014. Subject to clause 13 of these terms and conditions, if the winner is unable to travel at the specified time, the prize will be forfeited by the winner.
12. The winner and their companion must be of reasonable fitness to take part in the prize. If the Tour Operator determines, in its absolute discretion, that the winner or their companion is not able to safely participate in all or part of the prize, the Tour Operator reserves the right to prevent the winner undertaking all or a part of the prize.
13. At the Promoter's discretion, the prize may be transferred to another named individual at the winner's request, provided notice is received prior to travel and accommodation arrangements being finalised. Transfer is conditional upon the recipient and their companion satisfying the Promoter and Tour Operator requirements as specified in these terms and conditions.
14. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize or redeem the prize in full at the time stipulated by the Promoter then the winner will forfeit that element of the prize and cash will not be awarded in lieu.
15. The Promoter's decision in relation to any aspects of the Competition is final and binding on every person who enters and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. All valid entries received will be provided to third party electronic random draw operator, AndMine Pty Ltd, who will draw the winner at random. The draw will take place on Wednesday 2 April 2014 at 14:00 (AEDST) at Level 3, 424 St. Kilda Road, Melbourne VIC 3004. The Promoter will notify the winner by phone and / or email within five days of the draw date and the winner's name will be published on the Promoter's website and in The Australian newspaper on Monday 7 April 2014.
17. A reserve winner will also be drawn from the valid entries during the major draw on Wednesday 2 April 2014 at 14:00 (AEDST) at Level 3, 424 St. Kilda Road, Melbourne VIC 3004. In the event the winner does not claim or transfer the prize by Sunday 13 April 2014 then the winner will forfeit the prize. The reserve winner will be notified by phone and email on Monday 14 April 2014 and the reserve winner's name will be published on the Promoter's website and in The Australian newspaper on Friday 18 April 2014. If the reserve winner does not claim or transfer the prize by Friday 25 April 2014, then the reserve winner will forfeit the prize and a redraw will not take place.
18. This competition is drawn under authorisation by AndMine Pty Ltd - to draw a trade competition lottery electronically subject to and in accordance with the Lottery and Gaming Regulations 2008, Regulations 30(fa) and 31(h). Approval Number 1100. AndMine Pty Ltd can be contacted at Level 3, 424 St. Kilda Road, Melbourne VIC 3004 or via http://www.andmine.com
19. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
20. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the Competition and for this purpose may disclose such information to third parties including the Tour Operator and service providers (including airline providers, accommodation providers, and the electronic random draw operator), and as required to Australian regulatory authorities. The winner's name will be published as outlined in clause 16 of these terms and conditions. By submitting your personal information and entering the Competition, you consent to the Promoter collecting, using and disclosing such personal information in accordance with these terms & conditions, our privacy policies (available at http://www.nma.gov.au/about_us/using_our_website/privacy and http://www.nma.gov.au/about_us/ips/policies/privacy_policy) and as permitted or required by law.
21. Authorised under ACT Permit No. TP 13/04257, NSW Permit Number LTPS/13/09128, SA Permit No. T13/2133, VIC Permit No. 13/2908.