Win one of five copies of The Story of Australia by Robert Lewis
To go into the running to win this fantastic book, attend our Discovery Space: The nature collector school holiday activity and submit a photo of your artwork to Mkids@nma.gov.au by 5pm (AEST) on Thursday 27 April 2017.
Don't forget to include your full name and age. Entry is open to Mkids members only and subject to the competition terms and conditions.
Competition terms and conditions
Artworks will be judged by the Museum’s artist-in-residence, Julie Ryder. Winners will be notified on Monday 1 May 2017 and the winning artworks will be published in the next Mkids newsletter.
The Story of Australia by Robert Lewis is a comprehensive illustrated history of Australia from the formation of the continent to today.
This essential history resource was produced in association with the National Museum of Australia.
Competition terms and conditions
- Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of these Competition terms and conditions. Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions and any entry not complying with these terms and conditions is invalid.
- The Promoter is the National Museum of Australia, ABN 70 592 297 967, Lawson Crescent, Acton Peninsula, Canberra ACT 2601, Phone: 1800 026 132, Email: Mkids@nma.gov.au.
- The Competition commences at 10am (AEST) on Monday 10 April 2017, and closes at 5pm (AEST) on Friday 28 April 2017 ('the Competition Period'). Entries must be submitted during the Competition Period.
- Entry to the Competition is free and is open to Mkids members of the Museum Friends only. Entries should be submitted on behalf of the entrant by their parent or guardian. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter are ineligible to enter.
- To enter the Competition, entrants must submit an original photo of an artwork completed during Discovery Space – The nature collector by 5pm Thursday 27 April 2017 to Mkids@nma.gov.au. The entry must include the child’s full name and age to be eligible.
- Five (5) entries will be selected as winners, based on creativity as determined by the Museum’s artist in residence, Julie Ryder. Entries will be judged onsite at the National Museum of Australia, Lawson Crescent, Acton Peninsula ACT 2601, on Friday 28 April 2017.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify an entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Competition terms and conditions or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Competition which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Competition and/or the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if the Promoter becomes aware that a winner and/or a winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
- Each entrant warrants to the Promoter that the entry submitted is original and does not infringe the rights of any third party, including but not limited to those governing copyright, trademarks, trade secrets, or privacy.
- Entrants agree that by submitting their entry they:
a. have expressly received the consent of any individual(s) appearing, if any, in images submitted for entry;
b. consent to their name, photo and descriptive copy being posted to the National Museum of Australia’s Mkids Newsletter;
c. grant the Promoter and its licensees and assignees a permanent, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to publish the entry on any website or in any other publication (whether in a digital or hard copy format) or any social media webpage controlled by the Promoter but without there being any obligation on the Promoter to do so; and
d. consent to the Promoter or its nominees adapting, altering, modifying or editing any entry to make it suitable for publication, communication, broadcast or transmission.
- Entrants can only enter once and in their own name. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of age, identity, Mkids/Museum Friends membership and/or verification that the entry is the entrant’s original work. The Promoter reserves the right to validate and check the authenticity of any prize claim or entry before awarding the prize.
- Winners will be notified via email by Monday 1 May 2017. The prize will be posted to each winner as soon as practicable after this date to the address supplied by the winner upon notification.
- Prize details:
a. One of five ‘The Story of Australia by Robert Lewis’ publications.
b. Inclusion in the Mkids May Newsletter including image of artwork, first name and age of winners.
- The Promoter's decision in relation to any aspects of the Competition is final and binding on every person who enters and no correspondence will be entered into.