- Google Language Tools
- Google Translate
- Yahoo! Babel Fish
- Oxford Premium Reference Online (ORO) - includes nine bilingual dictionaries
- Omniglot - is a portal listing language- and translation-related resources. For translation, you can access online dictionaries as well as online translation and localisation tools, many of which offer some free use.
- FreeTranslation - from SDL International, offers text and web site translation in several European and Asian languages. SDL offers a desktop translation tool for subscription - a good investment if you have an ongoing need for translation.
- PROMT - offers a free translation tool that enables you to translate text, web sites and email from and into English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Russian. The quality of the translation is comparable to that of FreeTranslation.
- freelang.net - where you can download or view language dictionaries. The site lists translation resources, including tools for hand-held devices and free online translation software. The site also offers free human translation for smaller amounts of text.
- Travlang -Travel and language services - a range of dictionaries for EU countries which translate both from English to the target language (e.g Dutch) and from the target language to English.
[Note: Care has been taken in selecting these links for your convenience. However their provision does not necessarily constitute endorsement of the material at that site, the organisation providing the site, or the continued veracity of the link.]
Page last updated: 23 October 2012
Please contact the Library if there are any broken links.
Suggestions for new sites are always welcome.