- Whole of government web site - official portal to Australian federal, state and territory government links
- Government information and services - series of portal websites providing government information and services
- The Institute for Governance and Policy Analysis - concentrating on the interface between the public, private and community sectors
- Australian Parliament House - home page
- The Parliamentary Handbook
- Parliament of Australia Hansard - Senate and House of Representative Hansards
- Commonwealth Government Entry Point
- Department of the Environment
- Government Online Directory
- The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)
- Australian Government Information Management Office
- Australian Government Employment and Workplace - Provides information and advice about your workplace rights and obligations.
- Records of the Australasian Federal Conventions of the 1890s - "among the most significant founding documents of the Australian nation"
- Northern Territory
- Victorian Government Gazettes - historic gazettes from 1836 to 1997
- Europa - the official website of the European Union
- legislation.gov.uk - the official site for UK Legislation
- National Archives - UK
- Chiefs of State and Cabinet Members of Foreign Governments - Central Intelligence Agency
- AustLII - Australian Legal Information Institute (UNSW and UTS)
- Australian Institute of Criminology
- ComLaw - Commonwealth legislation and the Federal Register of legislative Instruments (FRLI)
- National Museum of Australia Act 1980
- NSW Attorney-General's Department
- Office of Parliamentary Counsel - drafting of bills and acts; excellent FAQ link provides answers to common questions on bills, commencement details, status of legislation and who to contact
- Royal Commissions and Commissions of Inquiry
- Lawportal - "complete online reference to legal resources available on the WWW"
[Note: Care has been taken in selecting these links for your convenience. However their provision does not necessarily constitute endorsement of the material at that site, the organisation providing the site, or the continued veracity of the link.]
Page last updated: 12 March 2015
Please contact the Library if there are any broken links.
Suggestions for new sites are always welcome.