Robot tours and video conferences
Take advantage of our robot guided tour or curriculum-linked video conferences for students who can't make it to Canberra but want to interact with the National Museum's collections and staff.
Remote telepresence robots
Come for a digital visit with our award-winning mobile telepresence robots.
This is an interactive guided tour with a museum educator where students are the robot, looking through the high-definition panoramic camera that is its head.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more on our robot tours.
Our expert educators curators and historians are on hand to facilitate these curriculum-linked programs.
Presenters encourage students to develop their own inquiries as they investigate cultures and histories and develop historical skills.
We use objects from the Museum’s handling collection and interactive media on-screen for some programs and groups.
Email email@example.com for more information on:
- Australian inventions and innovations (Years 4–8)
- Extension history (Years 11–12 New South Wales)
- Indigenous rights and freedoms (Years 9–12)
- Investigating sources (Years 7–12)
- Making a nation (Years 5–12)
- Postwar migration (Years 10–12).