Be inspired by our Discovery Space programs and craft your own creations at home.
Check out these instructions and get creative:
- Make a woven fish (video)
- Discovery Island headdress (HTML and PDF)
- Museum maestros (HTML and PDF)
- Young Masters – My Story Collage (HTML and PDF)
- Board games (HTML, PDF and video)
- Rock stories (HTML, PDF and video)
- Bunting, badges and bowties (HTML and PDF)
- Raft craft (HTML and PDF)
- The animal within (HTML and PDF)
- Wrapped! (HTML and PDFs)
- Discovery Road (HTML and PDFs)
- Think Ink! painting (PDF 183 kb)
- Family, Place, Stories (PDF 379 kb)
- little BIG things (PDF 150 kb)
- Not Ned mask (PDF 296 kb)
- Future space house and city (PDF 228 kb)
We welcome comments on our family and children's programs and were delighted to receive this message in February 2014:
I just wanted to thank you for yet another fantastic school holiday program. My son and I come each holiday and you always manage to provide a professional program in a calm environment where staff are always so friendly and interested in the artwork created by the children. I commend you on your hard work and fabulous ideas.
I also wanted to advise you that a previous school holiday program - Rock Stories, inspired me, as a parent of a 7 year old, to undertake this project at his school. They were studying Aboriginal history and I thought this would be a perfect art project to complement their learning. I had 67 children all weaving baskets and drawing their stories on rocks ready to show to their parents/carers at the school's half year Learning Journey evening. They did a fantastic job and a good time was had by all. The job was made so much easier by the information and templates on your website.
Please pass your comments and suggestions on to our children's programs team at firstname.lastname@example.org