Audio on demand
In the national interest: the National Museum of Australia
Andrew Sayers, Director, National Museum of Australia
16 March 2011
In this National Press Club address Andrew Sayers talks about how the ideas that have shaped us as a nation, and continue to shape our thinking, can be illuminated and debated in the National Museum of Australia.
Audio courtesy of the National Press Club.
- Country, memory and art: Understanding Indigenous artHoward Morphy, John Carty and Dr Michael Pickering
- Objects to stories: using thematic studies to develop exhibitions at volunteer museums in the Port Macquarie-Hastings regionLiz Gillroy, Port Macquarie-Hastings Council
- Door to store: Caring for your collection of paper and textilesKerryn Wagg and Carmela Mollica, National Museum of Australia
- Caring for collections – welcome and keynote addressDr Philip Jones, South Australian Museum and Louise Douglas, National Museum of Australia
- Glorious Days: Australia 1913 - exhibition openingHer Excellency Quentin Bryce, Agnes Shea and Andrew Sayers