Audio on demand
In the national interest: the National Museum of Australia
Andrew Sayers, Director, National Museum of Australia
16 March 2011
In this National Press Club address Andrew Sayers talks about how the ideas that have shaped us as a nation, and continue to shape our thinking, can be illuminated and debated in the National Museum of Australia.
Audio courtesy of the National Press Club.
- Landmark women: Dr Jennifer GallDr Jennifer Gall, musicologist, National Film and Sound Archive
- Examining the intersections of historical research and fictional writingDr Lenore Coltheart, political historian, and author Frank Moorhouse
- Censorship, suffering, and shellshock in World War I reportingDr Fay Anderson, Monash University; Dr Janda Gooding, National Museum of Australia; with an introduction by Dr Mathew Trinca, Director of the National Museum of Australia
- A curatorial perspectiveJennifer Sanders, Museums Australia
- New Encounters public panel discussionDr Richard West Jr, Professor Paul Tapsell, Dr Dawn Casey, Dr Richard Luarkie and Associate Professor David Garneau with ABC presenter Geraldine Doogue