Audio on demand
In the national interest: the National Museum of Australia
Andrew Sayers, Director, National Museum of Australia
16 March 2011
In this National Press Club address Andrew Sayers talks about how the ideas that have shaped us as a nation, and continue to shape our thinking, can be illuminated and debated in the National Museum of Australia.
Audio courtesy of the National Press Club.
- Symbols of Australia public forum with Rod QuantockMelissa Harper, Shino Konishi, Rod Quantock, Peter Spearritt, Linda Thompson and Richard White
- September 11: Museums, spontaneous memorial and historyJames Gardner, National Museum of American History, Washington DC
- Showcases I – examples of material culture research in museumsChristine Hansen, Susannah Helman, Matthew Higgins and Alison Mercieca
- A load of old rubbish: displaying archaeology of the modern cityDr Charlotte Smith, Museum Victoria
- Life inside Westbrook Children’s Home, from the perspective of a survivorAlfred Fletcher and Adele Chynoweth