Audio on demand
In the national interest: the National Museum of Australia
Andrew Sayers, Director, National Museum of Australia
16 March 2011
In this National Press Club address Andrew Sayers talks about how the ideas that have shaped us as a nation, and continue to shape our thinking, can be illuminated and debated in the National Museum of Australia.
Audio courtesy of the National Press Club.
- Viewpoints on material cultureMargaret Anderson, Guy Hansen, Professor Fred Myers and Dr Mike Smith
- Country, memory and art: Understanding Indigenous artHoward Morphy, John Carty and Dr Michael Pickering
- A load of old rubbish: displaying archaeology of the modern cityDr Charlotte Smith, Museum Victoria
- Access all areas – Powerhouse Discovery Centre case studyChristopher Snelling, Powerhouse Museum
- The making of The Home Front: Australia during the First World WarJoanne Bach and Jonathan Lineen, curators, National Museum of Australia