Audio on demand
In the national interest: the National Museum of Australia
Andrew Sayers, Director, National Museum of Australia
16 March 2011
In this National Press Club address Andrew Sayers talks about how the ideas that have shaped us as a nation, and continue to shape our thinking, can be illuminated and debated in the National Museum of Australia.
Audio courtesy of the National Press Club.
- From flat things big things grow!Elspeth Wishart, Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery
- Layers of significance – Reconciliation Place and the Acton Peninsula, CanberraLeanne Dempsey, Mandy Doherty, Anne Faris, Professor Amareswar Galla, Paul House, Andrew Smith and Benita Tunks
- ‘Gone to Navy’: Defending Australia, 1913Dr Peter Stanley, University of New South Wales Canberra, and Dr David Stevens, Sea Power Centre Australia
- Caring for collections – welcome and keynote addressDr Philip Jones, South Australian Museum and Louise Douglas, National Museum of Australia
- Remembering the goalMaryanne McCubbin, Museum Victoria