Audio on demand
In the national interest: the National Museum of Australia
Andrew Sayers, Director, National Museum of Australia
16 March 2011
In this National Press Club address Andrew Sayers talks about how the ideas that have shaped us as a nation, and continue to shape our thinking, can be illuminated and debated in the National Museum of Australia.
Audio courtesy of the National Press Club.
- Museums and ‘open collections’Mathew Trinca, National Museum of Australia
- Objects to stories: using thematic studies to develop exhibitions at volunteer museums in the Port Macquarie-Hastings regionLiz Gillroy, Port Macquarie-Hastings Council
- The National Museum of Ireland: an ideological historyPat Cooke, School of Art History and Cultural History, National University of Ireland
- Question and answer session from Understanding and representing traumaDr Joanna Sassoon, Dr Adele Chynoweth, Dr Jay Arthur, Dr Geoffrey Megargee and Dr Mike Pickering
- Bob Edwards: from orchardist to ethnographerDick Richards