Audio on demand
In the national interest: the National Museum of Australia
Andrew Sayers, Director, National Museum of Australia
16 March 2011
In this National Press Club address Andrew Sayers talks about how the ideas that have shaped us as a nation, and continue to shape our thinking, can be illuminated and debated in the National Museum of Australia.
Audio courtesy of the National Press Club.
- No presence in the case: looking for Tahiti in world museumsDr Jenny Newell, National Museum of Australia
- Public conversation: Bowled over by Gideon HaighGideon Haigh and John Harms
- In the Shadow of Ebola film screening and discussionProfessor Gregg Mitman, University of Wisconsin-Madison, and chaired by Libby Robin, Senior Research Fellow, National Museum of Australia
- ‘Gone to Navy’: Defending Australia, 1913Dr Peter Stanley, University of New South Wales Canberra, and Dr David Stevens, Sea Power Centre Australia
- New Encounters Shayne Williams presentationDr Shayne Williams, Language and Culture Consultant, NSW Aboriginal and Education Consultative Group