Audio on demand
In the national interest: the National Museum of Australia
Andrew Sayers, Director, National Museum of Australia
16 March 2011
In this National Press Club address Andrew Sayers talks about how the ideas that have shaped us as a nation, and continue to shape our thinking, can be illuminated and debated in the National Museum of Australia.
Audio courtesy of the National Press Club.
- Singular or plural? Social history and national collectionsIan McShane, Swinburne University of Technology
- Showcases I – examples of material culture research in museumsChristine Hansen, Susannah Helman, Matthew Higgins and Alison Mercieca
- Viewpoints on material cultureMargaret Anderson, Guy Hansen, Professor Fred Myers and Dr Mike Smith
- New Encounters Jim Enote keynote presentationJim Enote, Director, A:shiwi A:wan Museum and Heritage Centre, New Mexico
- A market for memories: understanding public history at the Mindil Beach site in DarwinDr Mickey Dewar