Audio on demand
In the national interest: the National Museum of Australia
Andrew Sayers, Director, National Museum of Australia
16 March 2011
In this National Press Club address Andrew Sayers talks about how the ideas that have shaped us as a nation, and continue to shape our thinking, can be illuminated and debated in the National Museum of Australia.
Audio courtesy of the National Press Club.
- Encounters with wondrous things: the historical significance of the Cook-Forster CollectionProfessor Paul Turnbull, Griffith University
- Early curatorial career at the South Australian MuseumDr Philip Jones, South Australian Museum
- Museums and ‘open collections’Mathew Trinca, National Museum of Australia
- Showcases II – examples of material culture research in museumsMatthew Churchward, Dr Ian Coates, Erika Dicker, Karen Schamberger and Craig Wilcox
- A question of significanceRoslyn Russell, National Museum of Australia