Audio on demand
In the national interest: the National Museum of Australia
Andrew Sayers, Director, National Museum of Australia
16 March 2011
In this National Press Club address Andrew Sayers talks about how the ideas that have shaped us as a nation, and continue to shape our thinking, can be illuminated and debated in the National Museum of Australia.
Audio courtesy of the National Press Club.
- Australia’s Official Papuan collection: Sir Hubert Murray and the how and why of a colonial collectionSylvia Schaffarczyk, Australian National University
- Reflections on the history of the National Historical CollectionDr Richard Baker, Dr Don McMichael, Professor John Mulvaney, Peter Pigott, Andrew Reeves and Dr Luke Taylor
- Nomadic cultures, journeys and coming homeRobyn Davidson and Dr Mike Smith, National Museum of Australia
- Singular or plural? Social history and national collectionsIan McShane, Swinburne University of Technology
- Showcases I – examples of material culture research in museumsChristine Hansen, Susannah Helman, Matthew Higgins and Alison Mercieca