Audio on demand
In the national interest: the National Museum of Australia
Andrew Sayers, Director, National Museum of Australia
16 March 2011
In this National Press Club address Andrew Sayers talks about how the ideas that have shaped us as a nation, and continue to shape our thinking, can be illuminated and debated in the National Museum of Australia.
Audio courtesy of the National Press Club.
- Encounters with wondrous things: the historical significance of the Cook-Forster CollectionProfessor Paul Turnbull, Griffith University
- Collecting for the future: a collections development plan for the National Historical CollectionMathew Trinca, National Museum of Australia
- A cast of thousands: redevelopment of CircaBronwyn Dowdall, Dr Martha Sear and Jennifer Wilson
- Defining Moments in sports panel discussionWallaroo rugby union player Louise Burrows, author John Harms, Australian Rugby League Commissioner Dr Chris Sarra, former Matildas player Sally Shipard and Olympic swimmer Christian Sprenger with ABC RN presenter Paul Barclay
- Australia’s Official Papuan collection: Sir Hubert Murray and the how and why of a colonial collectionSylvia Schaffarczyk, Australian National University