Audio on demand
In the national interest: the National Museum of Australia
Andrew Sayers, Director, National Museum of Australia
16 March 2011
In this National Press Club address Andrew Sayers talks about how the ideas that have shaped us as a nation, and continue to shape our thinking, can be illuminated and debated in the National Museum of Australia.
Audio courtesy of the National Press Club.
- A load of old rubbish: displaying archaeology of the modern cityDr Charlotte Smith, Museum Victoria
- Spirited: behind the scenesMartha Sear, National Museum of Australia
- What was it like: a perspective on history in museumsBrian Crozier, Crozier Schutt Associates
- Door to store: Caring for your family history documentsTania Riviere and Jess Wignell, National Museum of Australia, and Jenny Higgins, National Library of Australia
- Understanding and representing trauma: speaker presentationsDr Joanna Sassoon, Dr Adele Chynoweth, Dr Jay Arthur, Dr Geoffrey Megargee and Dr Mike Pickering