Audio on demand
Design inspirations behind the Museum building
Sue Dove, Coffey Projects
29 April 2009
Sue Dove provides an insight into the design of the National Museum of Australia, discussing the building’s aim and function, the influence of other international buildings, contentious design aspects, and the expression of major Australian themes.
- Door to store: Caring for your collection of paper and textilesKerryn Wagg and Carmela Mollica, National Museum of Australia
- New Encounters public panel discussionDr Richard West Jr, Professor Paul Tapsell, Dr Dawn Casey, Dr Richard Luarkie and Associate Professor David Garneau with ABC presenter Geraldine Doogue.
- Symbols of Australia public forum with Rod QuantockMelissa Harper, Shino Konishi, Rod Quantock, Peter Spearritt, Linda Thompson and Richard White
- Risk management and light levelsNicki Smith, National Museum of Australia
- From artifact necropolis to living rooms: Indigenous and at home in non-colonial museumsAssociate Professor David Garneau, Fine Arts, University of Regina, Saskatchewan