Technology in the Museum
Major construction and gallery development projects drove the Museum’s technology focus in 2012–13. New services delivered this year included:
- application of digital signage throughout the refurbished Main Hall and cafe
- implementation of audiovisual and videoconferencing solutions for the new corporate facilities and learning services classrooms.
Information management and access was another key focus area this year with:
- the continued enhancement of the Museum’s Client Relationship Management system (CRM), including management of the Friends program, and corporate event management
- utilisation of the Museum’s ‘Isilon’ storage platform to address the anticipated growth of digital assets and ensure accessibility for internal and external use
- implementation of a duplicate internet gateway, thus providing resiliency, high availability and improved performance.