Achievement of the Museum’s outcome is assessed by PBS performance indicators and targets that focus on the continuing development of the Museum through:
- acquiring collection items in accordance with the Collection Development Framework
- storing the National Historical Collection in accordance with appropriate museum standards
- maintaining the condition of items through appropriate conservation treatment
- increasing the number of collection records available online
- providing access to the Museum’s collections, exhibitions, programs and website
- providing programs for schools that meet core curriculum requirements
- ensuring visitors are satisfied with the exhibitions, programs and services.
These measures are also seen in relation to the efficacy with which the Museum manages resources and budgets.