Output group 1.1: Collection development and management
- New Collections Development Policy, Framework and Implementation Plan were introduced to guide future acquisitions, exhibitions and programs.
- 32 new acquisitions were approved by Council.
- Collection documentation and control were improved.
- There was a large scale rationalisation of collection and non-collection storage.
- There was a 50 per cent increase in public visits to collections in storage.
- A staff member was appointed to the Australian Government's Cultural Heritage Reference Group for Iraq.
- Conservation advice was provided to the local community affected by the January bushfires.
- International masterclasses in photographic conservation were presented at the Museum.
- The remains of 405 individuals were returned to Aboriginal communities.